Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!


Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers’ answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND post a comment on our post with a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment.

Top Ten Books to Read In a Day

1. Any of the Peachville Demons book by Sarra Cannon.  I'm on the third book.  I really liked the first one, and then I got two and three the same day and read them in a few hours.  I really like the series and I'm hoping to finish books 4 and 5 very soon.

2. Any of the Tales of Lunarmorte books by Samantha Young  I love this series.  It's a very interesting take on the whole werewolf thing.  I recommend it to any YA paranormal fans.

3. Any of the Fallen Star books by Jessica Sorensen.  This was actually one of my first indie series, and I absolutely loved it.  I wait rather impatiently for each new book in the series to come out.

4. Any of the 13 to Life books by Shannon Delany.  I read book 1 in a day.  Then I read book 2, and was sad because I didn't have the next book.  I ordered books 3 and 4 and I plan on reading book 3 tonight.  They're also werewolves, but with a little conspiracy and Russian mafia thrown in for fun.

5. The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson.  I had this book on my TBR list for a while.  It wasn't high priority, but when I got an email from my library stating the kindle copy was ready and available for me, I started reading and couldn't stop.  It's an amazing ghost story, and I am dying for the next book to come out.

6. Any of the books in the Need series by Carrie Jones.  I read book 1 late in the game.  I then got the remaining books so far, and read the rest of them in a day.

7. Any of the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich.  Janet's lead character, Stefanie Plum is my hero!  I absolutely love reading her stories.  I always laugh out loud when I read these books.  The audio books are also wonderful too.  The reader is great at doing the voices of all the different characters and bringing the stories to live.  Depending on my mood, I read or listen.  Either way they're great.

8. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Like most people that I know that read this book, I devoured it in a day.  Then we read it again for my book club.  Now I'm looking forward to seeing the movie with my group.

9. Nevermore by Kelly Creagh.  This book was so unique.  I love how Kelly Creagh incorporated Edgar Allan Poe.  The book is a little bit thicker than your typical YA book, but I couldn't put it down until the last page.

10.Any of the Sweep books by Cate Tiernan.  These books are a new guilty pleasure for me.  I have read the first three so far, and finished all three in less than 2 days.  I'm waiting for my next trip to Bookman's so I can get the next omnibus of 3 books.



1 comment:

rosa said...

Love the Need Series!

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Midnight Dreams Danced Among the Stars kit by Tangie