Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Please help me fight back against cancer

2012 Relay For Life of the Quad Cities Community: Video Page - Fight Back - The American Cancer Society -

Please help me fight back against cancer


This year, I am helping save lives from cancer by taking part in the American Cancer Society Relay For Life, and I'm hoping you will support me. Each of us has our own reasons for caring about the fight against cancer, but it seems that we all know someone who has personally battled this disease.

I have done this walk for the last six years in honor of my grandfather, George Wiencek. He was my world, before succumbing to colon cancer. The last few years I have also walked for Steve's grandmother, Marie. She was a wonderful women with spunk and character and I was really glad for the time that I had getting to know her before she lost her struggle with pancreas cancer.

My team and I have set a goal to raise at least $100 per person and I've set a personal goal to raise $300. Currently I'm only $290 from reaching my goal. Any donation you can make, large or small, will help me reach my fundraising goal and helps us reach the greater goal of saving lives from cancer!

Please use the link below to visit my personal web page to make a secure, tax-deductible online donation to the American Cancer Society. You can make a one-time gift, or increase your impact by donating monthly!


Thank you and I will keep you updated on my progress!





Cancer affects us all.  If you would like, please leave me a comment in honor or memory of a loved one who succumbed to cancer, or one who is a survivor.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post

No comments:

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Midnight Dreams Danced Among the Stars kit by Tangie