Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

In My Mailbox (4/18/2012)



The last week has been a good one, as far as new books go.  On Saturday, my boyfriend, the kids and I all went to Bookman's to trade in several boxes worth of books.  I love that they give a ridiculous amount of store credit for what they take.  Below is my haul from Bookman's


 It includes:
Sweep books 4 and 6 by Cate Tiernan
Souless (Parasol Proterctorate book 1) by Gail Carriger
Spiders Bite, Spider's Revenge, and Web of Lies by Jennifer Estep
Switched by Amanda Hocking
Ill Wind and Heat Stroke by Rachel Caine
Mother Mouth and Ten Big Ones by Janet Evanovich
Storm Born by Richelle Mead
Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz
Gone by Lisa McMann
Sex Drugs and Cocoa Puffs by Chuck Klosterman
 Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
 Invisible Monster by Chuck Palahniuk





On Sunday, while we were out and about we decided to stop by Paperback City and see if they would take any of the books that Bookman's didn't want.  They did.  So with my portion of the credit there, I was able to get the following:


The 9th Judgement and 10th Anniversary by James Patterson
The Devil and Miss Prym by Paulo Coelho
The Yiddish Policeman's Union by Michael Chabon
Sole Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk


Yesterday, I finally received some books that I had ordered on half.com

Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
Empire Falls by Richard Russo
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
Cemetery Girl by David Bell (this one looks so creepy!)
Flash and Bones by Kathy Reichs

A lot of these books probably don't seem like my normal taste - but I do read literature and mystery - I just don't have a lot of time for it when school is in session - and working at the same time.  A lot of the literature books I've purchased of late are from the 1001 Books to Read Before You Die list.  I'm slowly working my way through that.

I also received two non-book related items and I want to share!  Since I got my taxes back, found a coupon for 30% off and free shipping, and they do payment plans - I ordered the Green Amethyst ring that I have been drooling over from ice.com for the last six months.  I love how the black rhodium over the white gold really makes the green in the ring pop.  This is the first piece of jewelry I've bought myself in at least 10 years and I couldn't be more pleased with it.


Finally - my bestie gave me this gorgeous shimmer palette from Avon's Mark brand.  It's so pretty I almost don't want to use it!


What's in your mailbox this week?


2 comments:

Paige said...

Gone By: Lisa McMann is really good! I love the whole trilogy. Here's my IMM!

http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-30.html

~Paige @ Comfort Books

Unknown said...

I love the Parasol Protectorate series! I've got Bk 2 sitting on my shelf that I really need to get on. And the Wake series by Lisa McMann was great too! What a great week for you, and such a pretty ring too! Thanks for hopping by post earlier, sorry to return the favor so late in the week!:)

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Midnight Dreams Danced Among the Stars kit by Tangie