Listing my favorite books or authors is like choosing which one of your children is your favorite. Each author has a unique writing style and personality and I love them as much for their differences as their similarities. And when I discover a new favorite? I don’t love the others less, I just have more reader love to go around! Still, even though it’s so hard for me to do it’s nearly impossible, for you, my beautiful, wonderful readers, I will try.
10. Heather Killough-Walden: I love Heather for so many reasons, not the least of which the fact she’s so active with her readers on facebook. Her books are amazing, original and I’m continuing to be surprised with how much I love her male lead characters.
9. Robert Jordan: My relationship with Jordan started in high school when I picked up The Wheel of Time. The series is an epic fantasy that personally I put on par with The Lord Of the Rings. His way with words and descriptions forces you to submerge into that world and connect with the characters. It was a tragedy when he passed away from cancer, but luckily for all of us avid readers the saga has been continued by Brandon Sanderson, another author I’m beginning to love.
8. Kate Johnson: Johnson is a new love of mine. She’s from the UK and her books are set there as well and, even though I find myself using Urban Dictionary to muddle through the ‘language barrier’, I love getting that glimpse into the British culture. Her Sophie Green books are funny, quirky and very entertaining.
7. Anne McCaffrey: I fell in love with her works when I was in Jr. High and have read and re-read them ever since. An icon in Fantasy, her books truly do transport you to another world, with whimsical dragons and relatable characters. Love her!
6. Jeaniene Frost: Only recently discovered, Frost has quickly become one of my favorites. Her main characters, Cat and Bones, just work their way into your hearts with Cat’s tough, kickass-ness and Bones superior, arrogant sarcasm.
5. Jeff Lindsay: I discovered Lindsay before Michael C. Hall was playing the emotionally detached serial killer we all love, Dexter. The simple fact that he can create a character so inhuman and yet so amazingly likeable should be enough to make you go out and buy one of his books.
4. Karen Marie Moning: Good Lord I love her. What Mr. Darcy did to ruin men for the women of the world, Jericho Z Barrons ruined fictional leading men for me. How can I go back to the emo, whiny sparkly boy when I’ve had the Dark, sometimes-bastard, sexy man with questionable motivations? *sigh*
3. Patricia Briggs: Briggs is amazing. I adore her Mercy Thompson series. Mercy is kick ass, self-sufficient, oh, and did I mention she changes into a Coyote? This is by far my favorite Paranormal Romance series and I eat up everything she writes.
2. Jane Austin: Come on, I wouldn’t be a girl if I didn’t say I loved her. I’ve read and watched Pride and Prejudice so often I can almost quote the entire thing. I relate so much to Elizabeth Bennet and wish all men were like Darcy.
1. Terry Pratchett: I love to laugh. If a book can get me to giggle aloud as I’m reading, it scores major bonus points. Pratchett’s sense of humor and clever wit endeared him to my heart forever. But he’s not all laughs (well, mostly), the satirical nature of his books poke fun at the inane hypocrisies of our world.
So there they are, my top 10. Check them out and I guarantee you won’t be disappointed!
About the Author:
Cait Lavender is a twenty-six year old wife and stay at home mother of one (so far) in Central California. Living on a cattle ranch in Central California where she and her husband raise papered Black Angus cattle. When Cait's not chasing her toddler around the house or doing mountains of never-ending laundrym she's writing feverishly or reading anything she can get her hands on. Cait's favorite thing about books is their ability to transport you out of the stress and fatigue of your own life into a more interesting, sexy world.
Title – Hunter Moon
Genre – PNR
Format – Ebook
Publisher – Kindle Direct
Release Date – March 1, 2012
Website – www.caitlavender.com
Email – email@example.com
Purchase Link - http://www.amazon.com/Hunter-Moon-Lupine-Series-ebook/dp/B007FGB25E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331850843&sr=8-1