Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Review: Maycly by Janet Beasley


I was supposed to have this review up yesterday, and for it's lateness I apologize.  I somehow obtained some nasty malware yesterday and my computer is in the shop - so I had to borrow a computer to post this today.

I received Maycly by Janey Beasley to review as part of her Orangeberry Book Tour.  (You can click that link to find all the rest of the stops on Ms. Beasley's tour).  Maycly consists of the first three Hidden Earth eBooks.  It's volume one of six in this new, fantasy adventure series. 

GOODREADS Synopsis:

"Maycly is a world everyone longs to experience, but for Iona, left alone to fend for herself, Maycly has become a fading dream. After years of endless searching for her missing family, she had all but given up hope. But the Grand Wizard, SUL, had a plan.

This faith based fantasy adventure is suitable for the entire family. Maycly is filled with adventure, trials, love, and epic battles, along with fantastic flora, creative creatures, and characters that come to life through illustrations. There is no profanity, vulgarity, or explicit sex.

Will Iona discover her true destiny? Will she ever find her missing family? Is Maycly bound to an existence of Evil for eternity? What will happen to Earth? Only the tales of HIDDN EARTH hold the answers.

Your fantastic journey begins with Volume 1, Maycly"


My review:
I really enjoyed reading Maycly. I found Janet Beasley's writing easy to read, engrossing, and intellectually stimulating. The fact that there is no profanity or explicit sex makes it a good read for all ages. I also really enjoyed the full color illustrations which bring the story alive. The book would be a great selection for book club - due to the stimulating topics that would be great for discussion – but also because the book contains recipes, which could be fun for book club members to make for the meeting. The author is going to be releasing a companion cookbook.



Maycly is fast paced, features fantastical creatures and epic battles. If you are a fan of the Lord of The Rings, you will love this book. I cannot wait to read the rest of the books in the series and see where Iona’s path leads her.

No comments:

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Midnight Dreams Danced Among the Stars kit by Tangie