Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Things I love/May Favorite Things part 1

1. Steve - what's not to love? He's thoughtful, kind, funny, hardworking, honest, and cuddly. He smells really good. He is beautiful in and out. He makes me laugh. I feel safe with him. The world feels right with him. He makes me smile so much that my face hurts. When I stare into his beautiful eyes there aren't words to describe how I feel. He knows me and accepts me for who I am. He doesn't want to change me. He supports me following my dreams. He is a good son and a good father. He can fix almost anything (God, that makes me so hot!)... He's cute when he drives... and when he's slightly buzzed and singing to music on his laptop. When he smiles at me, it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. He thinks I'm cute - even when I'm being obnoxious or airheaded. He's obnoxiously cute when he dances. He road rollercoasters for me. He agreed to take ballroom dancing with me even though it terrifies him almost as much as rollercoasters.

2. Luna - So her breath stinks like fish, and she leaves a fine layer of hair all over my clothes. She is still my best friend. She's cute and fat and soft and rolly polly. She listens to me and doesn't talk back although she occassionally looks at me like I'm retarded. She cuddles with me at night. She always wants to know where I am and what I'm doing. She makes me feel better when I'm sick or sad. She's funny and she makes me laugh.

3. California - It's honestly the most beautiful place I've ever been. I loved Monrovia/Arcadia off historic Rt 66 where I stayed. It was cool to see people doing Tai Chi in the park in the morning. The mountains were beautiful. The ocean was beautiful. The amount of culture was incredible. Every kind of food you can think of. The street markets and festivals. The health food. The vegitarian food stands on Venice Beach. Santa Monica's boardwalk. The Burrito places. The cool shops, independant theaters and book shops in Pasadena. USC. If I could afford it, I'd love to live there.

4. www.Lush.com - There stuff is a little overpriced.... but it's all natural, organic, vegetarian, and not tested on animals. They are a socially conscious company that is very green. The "Think Pink" bath bomb is the most amazing thing I have ever smelled and makes the water a lovely shimmery pink. The "Honey I Washed the Kids" soap smells wonderful, lathers great, and leaves me smelling pretty all day. They have solid shampoos that are small, portable, and double as soap and bubble bath when you travel (Karma Komba is the best, but Seanick isn't bad either). I also love anything that has the candy scent (Creamy Candy, MMM Melting Moments, and Rockstar Soap). Finally the Snow Fairy (Candy Floss and Banana) and Sonic Death Monkey (chocolate, orange, and coffee) shower gels smell yummy and work as shampoo and bubble bath too.

5. Thai food - Vegie Spring Rolls dipped in Chili sauce. Thai salad with peanut dressing. The vegie soup at Thai House is so good and one of my comfort foods. Tom Kha Kai soup without the chicken - so warm and good (curry, coconut milk, lemon grass). Panang Curry with Tofu - I love it so much I'm always afraid to try anything else because I'm afraid I won't like it as much (red curry & peanut sauce). Pad Thai is yummy too. Plum wine is so sweet and makes me glow. For dessert sticky rice with sliced mangos and coconut ice cream. So simple yet so yummy.

6. Flower flavors - Ok, I know this one is a little weird... but I love the flavor of violet. Violet mints. Candied violets. I had the best ice cream ever and it was rose ice cream. I also like rose flavored hard candy and rose-hip tea. I like pansies in my salad. I made lavender lemonade last May and it was really good too.

7. Indian Food - naan bread dipped in riatta. Chai tea (i so love chai tea! - and with a shot of expresso for a pick-me-up- but that's another category all together). Masala over basmati rice. And most of all potato and pea samosas. (drooling a little). An Indian restaurant is where I had rose ice cream too. Oh and the Indian market here has these doughnut things with pistacio in them that are really yummy. Not all Indian resturants are created equal. I don't know what a lot of the stuff is, so I prefer a buffet where I can try a bunch of stuff and figure out what I like. Oh - and Tasty Bite makes really really good Jaipur vegetables to make at home. Oh and Moon Under Water makes good Indian curry.

8. Henna/mendhi - I love having mendhi done. It's like therapy. I'm not talking about those spray on or stencil artists you find at a lot of festivals. My friend Darla is a true artist. She makes up these crazy, beautiful, elaborate designs in her head and does them all free hand on my body. Having henna done is a great cure for stress. I go to the Globe, get some Chai tea, and let Darla go to work and it's so relaxing. I instantly feel better about whatever was bugging me. I also like bindhis (I used to wear them all the time), bangles, sari print pillows, curtains and bedding, Sarees - (http://www.utsavsarees.com/pages/saree-large.asp?icode=SLSVP6) I know I'd look ridiculous - but they're so beautiful. I'd wear it everywhere. Ok... I guess I like a lot of things India. The women are beautiful and exotic. India gave us Kumar. I like Ganesh and Shiva and the rest of their mythology. I have a Bollywood dance video - and I feel like a complete ass when I do it, but I really wish I could move that way. And I'll keep working at it (so long as no one is looking) until I have it down.

9. Long baths - My favorite way to relax at the end of the day. I fill the tub with hot water and throw in some bath salts, bubble bath or a bath bomb. I bring in a good book, sometimes light some candles, sometimes bring in a glass of wine or a captain and coke, and I can spend over an hour in tub. I come out a little wrinkly but I smell good and I'm stress free. I love baths - they are ok plain but they are so much better with smelly stuff. I've already mentioned how much I love Lush. I also like www.bubblesofrockport.com bath bombs - especially the Halloween scented and fairy scented ones, www.scentsationalsoaps.biz pear body butter, http://sugarliciousscrubs.com/Kashmir-Saffron-Cedar-Scrub-Sundae-pr-17.html kashmir saffron sugar scrub, http://www.sisteragnes.com/ soaps in Cinnamon apple Peach, and Bird of paradise, www.pixiepotions.com tub truffles in chocolate orange, and goatsmilk lotion in Faerie Candy. Those are my favorites but I'm always trying new products and companies.

No comments:

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Midnight Dreams Danced Among the Stars kit by Tangie