Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

Puppy Problems by Guest Author Olivia Hardin



Puppy Problems

So I’m a puppy mom. My Bonnie is the cutest little thing and she has me wrapped completely around her finger… er, paw.  

It’s been really, really hot here in Texas so we’ve been delaying Miss Bonnie’s evening walk time until it gets cooler. I take the time to get some writing in. It is not easy to withstand that laser glare boring a hole in my head but I do manage it usually. Sometimes Bonnie gets tired of “waiting” and will resort to other entertainment.

 

I awoke the other evening from my writing-induced trance to see a disaster area in my living room. Her toy skunk was in two pieces, one each on either end of the room. The jingling ball that had once been inside that skunk was about center. An old rubber sole had a place near the kitchen and several old rawhide bone chips – all of which I thought had been eaten long ago – were scattered here, there and yon. She had her chin resting across her “ruptured” toy duck. She lifted her head and smiled like a pixie when I glared at her. Yes, that’s right, Bonnie can smile.  

But you see, this is what happens when I ignore my muse too long. It breaks down, shatters into multiple pieces and explodes somewhere in my brain. I’m left to pick up the pieces while that sneaky muse smiles and waits for me to pay it homage.  

So once again, I’ve learned that my life as a writer can he be summed up in the actions of my little pup. Even now as I write this, the little darling is searing the back of my head with her stare-down. I guess its walk time now…

About Olivia Hardin
Olivia Hardin realized early on how strange she was to have complete movie-like character dreams as a child. Eventually she began putting those vivid dreams to paper and was rarely without her spiral notebooks full of those mental ramblings. Her forgotten vision of becoming an author was realized when she connected with a group of amazingly talented and fabulous writers who gave her lots of direction and encouragement.
With a little extra push from family and friends, she hunkered down to get lost in the words. She's also an insatiable crafter who only completes about 1 out of 5 projects, a jogger who hates to run, and is sometimes accused of being artistic, though she's generally too much of a perfectionist to appreciate her own work. A native Texas girl, Olivia lives in the beautiful Lone Star state with her husband and their puppy Bonnie.
Youtube Trailer:http://youtu.be/9I0C2V6DFUQ

1 comment:

Olivia Hardin (Writer) said...

Ahahaha! This guest post and thinking about my little Bonnie makes me smile. Thanks so much for having me and for being a part of my tour.

~Olivia

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Midnight Dreams Danced Among the Stars kit by Tangie