Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2009

January Book Log

1. "Final Friends: The Party" by Christopher Pike 212 pages

2. "Final Friends: The Dance" by Christopher Pike 226 pages

3. "Final Friends: The Graduation" by Christopher Pike 238 pages

4. "A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian" by Marina Lewycka 324 pages

5. "Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception" by Eoin Colfer 342 pages

6. "The Last Vampire 6: Creatures of Forever" by Christopher Pike 181 pages

7. "Remember Me" by Christopher Pike 230 pages

8. "Lolly Willowes" by Sylvia Townsend Warner 247 pages

9. "The Action Heroine's Handbook" by Jennifer Worick & Joe Borgenicht 185 pages

10. "The Tao of Willie" by Willie Nelson & Turk Pipken 184 pages

11. "Dead to the World" by Charlaine Harris 291 pages

One of my goals this year is to read and pass on a big chunk of books from my bookshelf. I have way to many at this point in time, and instead of letting them collect dust, I decide to reread and then liberate. I started with the Christopher Pike books from my teenage years because there are so many of them.

I loved "The Last Vampire" series growing up. I don't believe I ever read book 6 until now. It ties all the other books together nicely, and gives Sita a happy ending.

"A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian" is a book from the 1001 Books to Read Before You Die List. It was a touching story and very well written. I'm looking forward to reading more from this author.

I thought "Lolly Willowes" was awful. The book has no chapters and wide margins. Not only is it hard to read, but the story is pretty boring and takes the first hundred or so pages to get to the real story.

I enjoyed "The Action Heroine's Handbook." I learned the proper way to leap from roof top to roof top, how to land a helicopter, and how to drink anyone under the table.

"The Tao of Willie" was an excellent read. We have similar outlooks on many things in life. He is a very intelligent and beautiful person and I recommend his book to anyone.

"Dead to the World" is the only book that I had not read in the Sookie Stackhouse series. Now I guess I just watch True Blood on HBO until the next book comes out.

No comments:

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Midnight Dreams Danced Among the Stars kit by Tangie