Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Character Guest post - Kiera tells all as she answers a reader’s most burning question – Are you afraid of Ien now, since the accident?


Kiera! I am so glad you could join me on the tour today. I have a special question that I’d like you to answer: Are you afraid of Ien now, after his horrific accident and…we…you know?

Am I afraid of Ien? Hmm, I have to think about that a little. Ien has always held a special place in my heart. He’s been my muse, my inspiration. No one composes as he does. No one accompanies my music like he can. When the explosion happened and I first saw him, I knew there was no way he could have survived. His face…his face was just so…so…gone. Nothing but smoldering flesh and bone. I’ll never forget how that looked.
I don’t know how he managed to survive it. James visited him a few times before the end. But I couldn’t. I just couldn’t bear to see him in that state. At the funeral, I felt guilty. I should have visited him. I should have said a proper goodbye. And now…I don’t really know what to make of everything now.
 But I do see his face still, in my dreams. I see the burned flesh and protruding bone. And I hear the music Ien composed for me. It haunts me…
It will forever haunt me.
 Am I afraid of him? Yes, I think I am.
About Christine Fonseca
Critically acclaimed nonfiction and YA author Christine Fonseca is dedicated to helping children of all ages find their voice in the world. Drawing on her expertise as an educational psychologist, her nonfiction titles address issues of emotional intensity, resiliency and giftedness. Her titles include Emotional Intensity in Gifted Students, 101 Success Secrets for Gifted Kids and The Girl Guide, releasing April 2013.
In fiction, she explores the darker aspects of humanity and delivers gothic thrillers that take you on a rollercoaster ride of emotions not to be missed. Recent titles include Dies Irae and Lacrimosa, from the Requiem Series, and the recently released thriller, Transcend. For more information about Christine Fonseca or her books, visit her website – http://christinefonseca.com or her blog http://christinefonseca.blogspot.com. 


Coming Soon:
FREE on Amazon:
  • DIES IRAE (Requiem .5) - See where the story begins - "Filled with action, emotion, and drama"
  • MEA CULPA (Requiem 1.5) - Zane's story - "Heartbreaking story of love"
Other Titles:

Find me online at my Website and my writer's blog


1 comment:

The Cover Contessa said...

I just loved this book (and all of Christine's books). WOOT!

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Midnight Dreams Danced Among the Stars kit by Tangie