Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

August & September Book Log

September brought me to 50/100 for my year reading goal.

August
47. "Hey, Nostradomus" by Douglas Coupland 244 pages

September
48. "Strangers" by Dean Koontz 681 pages
49. "Magical Thinking" by Augusten Burroughs 268 pages
50. "The Idiot Girls' Action-Adventure Club" by Laurie Notaro 225 pages

I enjoyed the Coupland book, more than some of his others (ie Generation X) and less than others (ie All Families are Psychotic). Strangers was a reread, and it wasn't as good as I remembered it being, but it was still some of Koontz's better books. Magical Thinking has sat half finished on my bookshelf for several years. I don't know why I put it down. I was really into Burroughs for a while. I started over, and enjoyed this installment in Burrough's strange life. Notaro has been on my reading list for a long time, and I finally got my hands on a copy. Her short stories about her life were brutally honest and funny.

No comments:

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Midnight Dreams Danced Among the Stars kit by Tangie