Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

March & April Book Log

I got really busy with end of semester projects and packing for my move, so I didn't get to read a whole lot the last two months. I'm still doing well though. I'm over half way to my goal of 50 for the year. I know that I will read a lot on my road trip, so I'm hoping to be over 50 again.

March
21. "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger 529 pages

April
22. "Bloodfever" by Karen Marie Moning 320 pages
23. "Haunted" by Chuck Palahniuk 432 pages
24. "Shampoo Planet" by Douglas Coupland 312 pages
25. "No is For Noose" by Sue Grafton
26. "The Cat Who Lived High" by Lillian Jackson Braun 182 pages

This was my second time reading "The Time Traveler's Wife." It's one of my all time favorite books. My boyfriend also read it this year because I like it so much.

"Bloodfever" was good, but nowhere near Laurell K. Hamilton's stories in my opinion. I will definately pick up the first book (I somehow started with book 2) and the next one in the series.

"Haunted" was bizarre, but most of Palahniuks works are. There were some parts of the book that I found really disturbing. Where does he come up with some of this?

I wasn't really into "Shampoo Planet." Douglas Coupland is real hit or miss with me.

I can't help but read the Sue Grafton books, or shall I say listen to them. Mom get's them a lot for us to listen to while we work out, or for road trips. "N" is good, but it's not the best in the series.

I'm also a sucker for "The Cat Who" mysteries, even though they are a bit stuffy. But they're good for a quick read.

No comments:

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Midnight Dreams Danced Among the Stars kit by Tangie