Pages

Monday, April 14, 2008

Lavender Eye Pillows

Friday night Emily, Helen and I got together for another crafty girls session. We went to Helen's this time. Our main project of the night was making lavender eye pillows. They are surprisingly easy to make. Helen thought it would be a good idea to make the pillows with a light white material, and then to make the cases removable so they could be washed if they get dirty. I thought this was a brilliant idea as every lavender pillow I've ever purchased could not be washed. We each made two and I still have lavender and flax seed left. We used about 5 parts flax seed to 2 parts lavender for the really heavily scented pillows. We used Helen's sewing machine, but Emily showed us they can be hand stitched too.

Other projects included more soap making. I had purchased seashore, blueberry, honeysuckle, violet, spicey carnation, and (synthetic) musk oils at Great American. I love the carnation and violet. They smell amazing. Seashore is wonderful as well.

We also worked on the crocheting a little. I've almost made it through my first roll of yarn on the blanket I'm making. I'm excited to get it done so I can start working on arm warmers and animals (which I will blog about later).

No comments:

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Midnight Dreams Danced Among the Stars kit by Tangie