Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I heart these

I really should stay off the Lush forums. They are horrible enablers. There are two things recently that I have found that I am in love with.

The first is the Limited Edition Banana Cupcake from Tiny Cravings (http://tinycravings.com/banana-cupcake--limited-edition.html). It's a 3/4" cupcake charm, to be worn on a necklace. Her attention to details is amazing. The tiny banana slices look like bananas. The best thing of all is that it smells like bananas. Girls on the forums rave about her charms and how wonderful they smell. She also does custom orders. The banana charm is $25 and $5 for the chain. If you love cupcakes (I do! I do!) check out her site. She is also on Etsy and Deviantart and makes all her jewelry herself.



Emily is talking to Helen, to see if she knows how to make them. So far anything Emily or I have mentioned, Helen has known how to make. I'm not sure if she knows how to scent them (which is the coolest thing about the charms) and Tiny Cravings is definitely not going to tell her secret (not that I blame her).

The second thing I'm lusting after is a Lush charm bracelet made by "ilovecloudy" on the forums. She can do 5-8 charms on a silver tone bracelet for $20. She also makes pendants, key chains, barrettes, and earrings. Many forumites have bought from her and rave about her work. I'm posting a few pictures that she emailed me. If anyone is interested in her work, send me a message and I will give you her email address. She is very reasonable. The hard part is picking out which products you want made into charms. I'd definately want Think Pink and Sex Bomb. Probably creamy candy bubble bar too. Maybe Snow Festival Bubble Bar. Maybe Karma Komba. Rockstar Soap. Honey I Washed the Kids. Glitterbug - definitely! These charms would be the ultimate in cool if they smelled like the products.


I don't know if I have the patience to make these items. I don't even know what they are made of, but since they are small, involve more than one color, and intricate details, I'm sure it would be more stressful than fun for me. I give major props to these girls for being able to make such tiny, beautiful things.


I have decided that I am going to get my sewing machine fixed. The lavender eye pillows Helen showed us how to make are so easy, and cheap. I'd also like to learn to make sachets. When I've got the hang of sewing, I'd love to make an apron. I saw some really cute one's on Etsy, and I've decided I like the old fashioned full style aprons.

Additionally, I am still working on the blanket I’m crocheting. I’ve got a pattern for arm warmers (similar to the ones I saw at the Renaissance Festival) and mom is supposed to teach me how to read patterns so I can make those. I also got patterns from Kristie’s Kreations (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=26966) for seven different crochet animals including a kitty, puppy, elephant, and monkey. I’m really excited to start working on these. I think they will be fun, and the nieces will love them. Check out Kristie’s Blog at http://www.kristieskids.weebly.com/ for some of her free patterns. She has given me permission to show her pictures on my blog. I will post my own pictures someday when I make them myself. If you’re interested in making these animals, check out her Etsy store. She offers email support on all her patterns.

No comments:

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Midnight Dreams Danced Among the Stars kit by Tangie