Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Review: Witchblood by Emma Mills



About the Book
When Jess steals a glance at a gorgeous guy in a Manchester nightclub, little does she realise how he is going to change her life…or should that be death? Yet, the vampire clan could never have predicted what they were taking on.

With Luke pronounced ‘off-limits’ and the blood of a vampire simmering in Jess’s body, can she forget the love of her life and move on? If not, she will risk exposing the entire Northern vampire clan to untold dangers, in order to live her life the way she wants.

Can Jess be sure that Luke is all he appears to be? Will she succumb to the attraction she desperately tries not to feel for Daniel? And why does she still crave a packet of crisps more than a tasty teenage boy’s blood?





My Review:

Jessica is a seventeen year old girl who has started at the University early.  She and her best friend, Alex, go out clubbing one night, and Jessica's life is forever changed.  At the bar, Jessica catches the attention of a hottie named Daniel.  She is surprised by his interest and flattered, but she loves her boyfriend of 4 years, Luke.  Alex takes off, and Jessica takes a short cut that alters her life.  She is attacked and left to die, and Daniel saves her, making her a vampire.  But somehow, Jessica is different.  She craves food and can't stomach the thought of drinking blood right out of a human.  She is also stubborn and wants to live her own life though she is told she can't.

This book is the first in a series, and I'm half way through the next book already.  I am enjoying seeing Jessica grow and adapt as a character.  She is strong willed, independent, spirited and loyal.  I do wish she would stop pining after Luke though.  I don't really like him and find him undeserving of Jessica's angst.  I can see why it would be hard to let go after 4 years but he's kind of a jerk...and I like Daniel so much better. Daniel is supportive and loving and just overall a great guy.

I also really like Sebastian, the vampire clan leader.  He is supposed to be a little bit of a hard case, but I like him none the less.  I also like Eva a lot and think she'd be a great friend.

The plot moves along nicely, with good development and strong likable characters.  4 Stars




 
Author Bio
Hi I'm Emma. I am happily married with two lovely children. I have always loved reading and writing and published my first novel WitchBlood in Jan 2012 with Witchcraft following in June and WitchLove due in Feb 2013. After acquiring an obsessive love of supernatural teen novels...yes I'm a Twilight fan...I decided to write my own supernatural story based here in Manchester in the UK, near where I live and grew up. It's currently dark, windy, cold and very very wet... and easy to get inspiration.



Find Me

Facebook  |   Blog   |  Twitter   |   Goodreads  |


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for posting.>:D

Lisa Richards/alterlisa said...

I'm always looking for new paranormal series and authors and this sounds like an awesome to add. I'd like to have book #1 to start the series properly in mobi format for Kindle.
alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Midnight Dreams Danced Among the Stars kit by Tangie