Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

GUEST POST: What is it like to ‘wake-up’? by Christine Argo




What is it like to ‘wake-up’?


I was speaking with a student the other day about the power we unlock when we live life consciously. It’s an interesting experience. We shift from sleep walking through our lives to seeing and, even better than seeing, understanding what shapes our life experiences and there is real power in that.

The problem is however, we don’t know we are sleeping until we actually wake-up. Like me for example, I remember where I was when I woke-up. I was walking to work in downtown Denver and out-of-the-blue I had this thought ‘how did I get here?’ ‘Here’ wasn’t a bad place; I actually had a good life, with a good job and great people in my life. But what was I doing and how did I become the person I was? As I reflected on these questions, I felt as though I had just floated to this place in my life and thus began my journey to living life consciously. I wanted to be the driver of my life, not the passenger.

Today I recognize that conscious living allows us to relinquish the drama, struggle and chaos in our lives. When we are conscious we come to see that all of the challenging experiences in our lives evolve out of our unconsciousness. When we have awareness, we see that our lives offer us insight and guidance into the life lessons that we hope to learn during our life. For example, a dismissive mom offers you an opportunity to self-validate. A bully at work gives you the opportunity to empower yourself. Conscious Living also allows us to direct how our life unfolds, rather than our life simply unfolding.

A classic example of waking-up can be seen in the movie The Matrix. Neo wakes-up to find that his entire world was an illusion created by a machine. When he ‘wakes-up’ he realizes everything he thought was real was all manufactured. Although our unconsciousness isn’t created by a machine per se waking-up is much like this. All the things that we thought mattered, or that we believed to be true or we believed were necessary, suddenly just aren’t. As in the movie, our unconscious is fed, only not by a machine, but through the food we eat, the shows we watch, the music we listen to and the information we receive through mass media.

We don’t come to our consciousness lightly. Living a conscious life must be a conscious choice. It must be a conscious choice because the greater awareness we have, the greater power we gain to create the life we desire. Without conscious awareness, the power we have is unwieldy.

So if you are ready to wake-up, start by choosing to be conscious. Yell it to the stars or whisper it as your head hits the pillow, but either way conscious living will come we choose it.

© 2012 Christine Agro  

Christine Agro is a clairvoyant and a metaphysical expert. She is author of 50 Ways to Live Life Consciously as well as of The Conscious Living Wisdom Cards. Christine is founder of The Conscious Living Guide a membership site at which she helps support you on your own journey of living life. You can also join Christine on Facebook.

For the next stops on Christine's Tour visit The Virtual Book Tour Cafe

2 comments:

Michelle Cornwell-Jordan said...

Hello:) I am attempting to contact regarding the June 15th OrangeberryBook Tour for Night School:Vampire Hunter,(Guest post/review) I am seeking contact information so that the material needed can reach you by May 28th:)
I appreciate you and thank-you, and btw, you have a great blog here!:)My email address is mcjordan37@att.net

Elizabeth said...

Stopping by from the list for the tour of SHADES OF MURDER. I will stop back when you have your review done. I have read the first two books of Lauren Carr's. You will love the characters and the storyline.

OLD FOLLOWER.

Elizabeth

Silver's Reviews

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Midnight Dreams Danced Among the Stars kit by Tangie