- Write as much as you can, whenever you can. You don’t have to have your whole novel outlined to begin the writing process. When a good idea or a certain scene pops in your mind write it down. If nothing else comes to you at that time it’s okay to set it aside and start on something new. I have many, many ideas for different novels and I’ve written them all down. Some of them I revise and use in my current works and others are still sitting in my ideas folder. That’s okay because I know somewhere down the road they’ll get used eventually.
- Don’t let bad reviews get you down. Let’s face it… you are not going to please everyone. There’s always going to be that one person (or more) that dislikes something about your novel. Getting that first bad review does sting, but just remember that for every one person who dislikes it there are at least five others who loved it. Keep those people in mind and keep writing.
- “Write the kind of story you would like to read. People will give you all sorts of advice about writing, but if you are not writing something you like, no one else with like it either.” –Meg Cabot. I think that one was is pretty self-explanatory[Symbol]
- Learn from your mistakes and become a better writer because of them. We are human and we are going to make mistakes. No one is perfect. Take your mistakes, whatever they may be, and use them as a learning tool for the future.
- Don’t give up! The world of writing and publishing is hard and you can easily find yourself feeling defeated and depressed. Just keep in mind that you began writing because it was fun and you liked creating stories for other’s enjoyment. There are many, many famous authors out there who received rejection letter after rejection letter until someone finally gave them the chance to shine. Keep writing and just remember that it will be all worth it when your day comes.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: In November of 2011, author Kimberly Lewis stepped into the writing world with her first original contemporary romance novel, When the Heart Falls. Born and raised on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, this country girl at heart caught the creative bug at an early age, doing everything from drawing to writing short stories. After the birth of her son, Kimberly found the inspiration to pick up a pen, or in this case a laptop, and began writing her first novel. Since then she has continued to write and credits her husband Rob and her wonderfully crazy family, who with their love and joking demeanor provide her with the ideas that inspire her novels. In her spare time she enjoys reading, horseback riding, and spending time with her amazing family.
Release Date: November 10, 2011 Website :http://kimberlylewisnovels.blogspot.com/ Purchase at Amazon
Visit Virtual Book Tour Cafe for the next stop on the tour.
Giveaway: Kimberly will be offering a $15 Amazon Gift Card – one to a randomly drawn commenter during her tour, one to the host with the most comments, and 2 ebooks will be given away during her tour. Be sure to comment for your chance to win - and comment on the other tour stops for more chances to win!
When Misty Prescott moved back home to her parent’s ranch after catching her husband cheating on her, she couldn’t have possibly known that she’d fall for not one, but two cowboys at the same time. Nor could she have known that getting involved with both men would bring unwelcome excitement, turning her already messed up world completely upside down. As Misty’s relationship with Vance Kinney begins, she can’t help but develop an intense attraction to her best friend’s older brother, Dylan McCoy. But just as Misty makes her choice, she indirectly becomes the target of one horrific event after another. Now, Misty must fight the very obstacles that threaten to tear her apart from the man she loves, and survive the danger lurking around every corner that threatens their very lives.