Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Ethereal (Celestra #1) by Addison Moore



Ethereal by Addison Moore $0.99 only for Kindle

GOODREADS SYNOPSIS:  Skyla Messenger is a dead girl walking.

When her newly remarried mother moves the family to Paragon Island, to a house that is rumored to be haunted, Skyla finds refuge in Logan Oliver, a boy who shares her unique ability to read minds.

Skyla discovers Logan holds the answers to the questions she’s been looking for, but Logan’s reluctance to give her the knowledge she desires leaves her believing Logan has a few secrets of his own.

Skyla’s bloodlines may just be connected to the most powerful angelic beings that roam the earth, and the more she knows, the more danger she seems to be in.

Suddenly an entire faction of earthbound angels wants her dead, at least she still has Logan, or does she?
MY THOUGHTS:  I was thrilled to discover that this was an actual full length book, and not just a short story, like my past, disappointing encounters with $0.99 Kindle books.  When I started in on Ethereal I was hooked.  The prose in the preface drew me in and kept me wanting more:

                            "Falling in love is a lot like death.  It chooses you.  It decides the moment and the chain of events that will preclude the precise intersection of life in which it occurs...Love.  My world blooms with its beautiful never-ending ache...It is that time in my life-a time for love and a time for death.  Fate had intertwined the two, bereaved of any mercy.  It is the architecture of my being..."

That being said, I could relate to Skyla's situation, her father died, her mom remarried and moving them far from everything they know.  Rather than hating her new living situation Skyla falls in love with the spooky island of Paragon and it's inhabitatants, especially cousins Gage and Logan.  Logan sounds great, but I'm rooting for Gage.  Skyla finds out that she is one of the Nephilim, a class called Celestra.  Gage and Logan are also Nephilim - Logan is a Celestra like her, and Gage is a Lovatio, who tells Skyla he has seen the future and they are married.  As Skyla finds out more about herself and the different faction of angels (nephilim) including the Counts who want Celestra dead.  Sklya tries to figure out who her enemies are.  The book ended with me wanting more and I immediately bought books 2 and 3.  This has quickly turned into my new favorite YA series.

**** Four out of five stars.

1 comment:

sonia said...

That sounds promising. Thanks for the review!

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Midnight Dreams Danced Among the Stars kit by Tangie