Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Getting to know me (week 1)

Getting to know you is a meme hosted by I Am A Reader Not A Writer every Thursday
What's your favorite season/weather?


My favorite season is fall. I love when there is a little crispness in the air and the leaves change color. I love everything associated with Fall – bonfires, warm apple cider, raking leaves. My favorite weather though, is from May to June when it’s warm enough for shorts and sleeveless tops, but not yet too hot.

PC or Mac?

I’m a PC girl. I haven’t used a Mac since elementary school, and wouldn’t know where to find anything on a new Mac.

When you were little, what did you want to be when you "grew up"?

I wanted to be several things when I was little including Rock star (which changed when I realized my fear of singing in front of other people), Teacher (which changed when I saw how awful my classmates treated our substitute when I was in 8th grade, and I realized I would be teaching their children), Lawyer (which I’m still considering)…The most inappropriate thing I wanted to be growing up was a dancer like Jennifer Beals character in Flashdance. I don’t know why my mom let us watch that as a kid, but at the time I didn’t realize that she was an exotic dancer.

Favorite music?

I love music in general. I’ll listen to almost anything. My favorite music of all time is probably new wave/80’s synth pop/80’s goth. I’m a huge fan of the Cure, Depeche Mode, Erasure, Peter Murphy, Psychedelic Furs, Morrissey, The Smiths and many more obscure bands. I also have loved Tori Amos since I first discovered her at age 14 or 15. I really related to her music as a teen, and I’m still a fan, though her music style has changed. I like oldies and swing music as well. I went through a phase at 19 where I went swing dancing all the time with my friends and to sock hops and bought all my clothes authentic 30’s and 40’s from a vintage store specializing in those eras. As far as modern music goes, I hate to admit that Lady Gaga and Ke$ha get stuck in my head. I love anything I can dance to. I love dancing, so if it has a beat I can move it to I love it. I also am a big fan of Joss Stone and Adele – love their smoky, jazzy voices. I like the Band Perry and the Zac Brown band. I like Irish music and anything that sounds southern bluesy.

Facebook or Twitter?

I mostly use Facebook. It’s a very bad habit (darn you Farmville!) and a way for me to keep in touch with my family and friends scattered across the country. I do use twitter though as well, but less often.


What TV show/movie/book do you watch/read that you'd be embarrassed to admit?

I like the Secret Circle on the CW… its way out of my age range, but I loved those books growing up, and so I watch it like a junkie. Movie wise I love some bad ones, lol, - Harold and Kumar, Clerks 2, Grandma’s Boy and Romy and Michelle’s High School Reunion to name a few. As for books, I am not really embarrassed about what I read.

2 comments:

sonia said...

Ah, Peter Murphy! "Strange Kind of Love" gets me every time. Also, he totally reminds me of my high school years... ; }

Anonymous said...

I love Tori Amos! I guessed you were a fan with your blog title. :) BTW, her new album is fantastic!

New follower!

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Midnight Dreams Danced Among the Stars kit by Tangie