Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

October Book Log

51. "A Million Little Pieces" by James Frey 432 pages
52. "Two for the Dough" by Janet Evanovich 352 pages
53. "Killer Pancake" Diane Mott Davidson 368 pages
54. "Bad Love" by Jonathan Kellerman 483 pages
55. "How to (un)Cage a Girl by Francesca Lia Block 119 pages
56. "The Giver" by Lois Lowery 180 pages
57. "The Immortal" by Christopher Pike 213 pages
58. "The Te of Piglet" by Bejamin Hoff 257 pages
59. "Little Alters Everywhere" by Rebecca Wells 224 pages

I loved A Million Little Pieces and I can't wait to read My Friend Leonard also by James Frey. I was a little disappointed that there were parts of the story that were fictionalized (if you will remember this is the book that caused all the controversy with Oprah), but it was still an intriguing read, that I couldn't put down.

Janet Evanovich books are a fun, quick read, as are Diane Mott Davidson. The Jonathan Kellerman books are a little hard to get into, but they don't usually disappoint by the time you get to the end.

I wasn't that thrilled with the Francesca Lia Block book of poetry... but it did give some wonderful insight into the author herself. The Giver had been on my to-be-read list forever, and while I liked the story, I do feel that the end was a bit rushed. The Immortal was another re-read in order to get off my shelf. Pike wove in Greek mythology which is one of my favorite subjects to read about.

I was disappointed in The Te of Piglet as well. I think that Taoism is a fascinating topic... and though the author was attempting to break it down so people could understand it he came off as preachy and trite.

I enjoyed Little Alters Everywhere, which is the book before The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood.

No comments:

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Midnight Dreams Danced Among the Stars kit by Tangie