Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Inspiration for Snow by Guest Author Kathryn Hewitt


Much like the character Ruth in Snow, at fifteen I was very naïve and innocent. It only took a moment for me to become trapped in a relationship I didn't want to be in, but couldn't imagine a way out of. Within weeks my innocence had been stripped away from me as I struggled daily to be a the “girlfriend” I thought I was supposed to be and the person I knew I should be. Within months I found my life spiraling out of control with no hopes of regaining it.

 There are many elements of  Snow that were derived from the situation I found myself in as a teenage girl. The doctor's visit where a condemning, elder doctor told me I was pregnant, the moment my boyfriend first uttered the word “abortion,” the wretched feelings of guilt and remorse when the realization sank in; these are simply a few. But there is nothing worse than the feeling of hopelessness when all you have left to hold on to is hope.

 When my miracle son became a permanent fixture in my life I knew then that I would, one day, write a story that would help other girls avoid the circumstances in which I had found myself. Six years after his birth I set out to do just that. Five very long and difficult years later the first completed manuscript of Snow laid on my bed and for the first time in 11 years I was finally able to truly forgive myself and the people who had hurt me so deeply all those years ago. As the saying goes, “the truth had set me free.”

Snow  isn't just another “religious” fiction that gently discusses a tough subject then ties it all up in a pretty little bow with a note saying, “Jesus loves you.” I wanted to write the truth and the truth is, sometimes life isn't pretty and some times we don't feel like God is even there.

 This novel is a detailed account of a young girl's life and how easily it is for someone to come in and steal away everything she holds dear to her heart. Snow isn't the kind of novel that sugar coats the tough topics of sexuality, dating, and abortion. The descriptions are real and the emotions are raw , but the end brings to life a message of hope that is breath-taking, inspirational, and 100% true (I have documentation to prove it)!

 Snow  is available in ebook format for only $0.99 on amazon.com, but only for a limited time!


Book Genre Religious Fiction/ YA (13+ or 7th grade)
Publisher Westbow Press, Inc A Thomas Nelson Division
Release Date May 2012
Amazon

Snow is a fiction novel, based on true events, about the struggles of a teenage girl and the consequences of a devastating mistake. Whether readers are young adults, exploring their sexuality for the first time, or an older adult, struggling to understand their teenage daughter, everyone will have a character in which to relate.

Young adults will be gripped by the reality and bluntness of it's characters. Parents will appreciate the censorship of otherwise “uncomfortable” topics. With sexuality among young adults beginning at an early age, "family values" are now being pushed back into the forefront of parental teaching. Snow influences people with Christian values, such as sexual abstinence, pro-life advocacy, and prayer, without pushing God as the subject of the book. Biblically based information is strategically scattered throughout the novel with dialect and personal thoughts.

The protagonist's quest to discover the path she needs to take unearths findings of a secret life, lead by her boyfriend. With two lives at stake, readers will eagerly anticipate the outcome only to find themselves with lessons and warnings about the consequences of making detrimental mistakes. Comfort will be found in understanding that God is bigger than any situation and He catches ever tear. Miracles so often go unnoticed, yet powerfully affect those they touch. Snow will set the stage for future novels reflective of countless miracles and divine intervention.



Author Bio
Kathryn Hewitt was born and raised in the small town of Camden, South Carolina. Breaking away from becoming a statistic, she was an Honors Graduate from Camden High School and went on to study British Literature and Sociology at Charleston Southern University, inspiring to teach High School English.
Kathryn has a passion for teaching teenagers and reaching out to those who seem as though the world has closed the door. Because of her own experiences, including becoming a teenage mother at fifteen, Kathryn knows the value of life and the blessings it contains. Understanding the importance of making wise decisions, Kathryn passionately seeks to instill that wisdom into the minds of every young lady she encounters. The inspiration for Kathryn's writings comes from her own experiences, and she is never afraid to speak the truth that others refuse to acknowledge.
Kathryn married in 2005 and is a stay at home mom with her four sons. She and her family currently live in the same town she grew up.


No comments:

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Midnight Dreams Danced Among the Stars kit by Tangie